Senior Consultant Engineer: Ongoing
No Agencies Please.
We can offer the successful candidate a challenging and interesting career path in an innovative, growing business while also fully supporting your Continuing Professional Development.
If interested in the role, please send your CV and cover letter to:
The ideal candidate will form part of our growing consultancy team, working on interesting projects relating to biopharmaceutical process modelling and cost of goods analysis. The consultancy team ranges from young, recent graduates to experienced professionals who can provide support and training where necessary. The small company environment demands a highly motivated individual, who is capable of handling multiple projects, while maintaining high work standards.
Senior Consultant Engineer
The position will provide expert level consulting to clients implementing our proprietary software packages BioSolve Process and BioSolve Connect. You will link strong technological awareness with business understanding and clear thinking to understand our customer’s requirements, articulate the potential solutions and implement the agreed work programs.
Your duties are to support the consultancy business in the following ways
- To conduct and lead process design projects including concept studies.
- Technical lead providing solution configurations with proven ability to gather, document and implement client requirements
- Be highly competent in designing and configuring model-based systems, and defining and implementing data integration with external systems and databases
- Maintain and extend client satisfaction levels and open opportunities for additional consultancy work
- Work co-operatively within Biopharm Services and their partners to ensure successful project delivery and completion.
- Assist Sales & Marketing in preparing and delivering project bids and proposals to major clients.
The ideal candidate will suit the following characteristics
- The entry level qualification is a good PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering. With at least 3years of relevant experience in process development. The particular competencies being sought are.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects working directly with clients
- Biotech design experience and process development experience
- Ability to capture user requirements from stakeholders, and co-ordinate delivery with off-shore development partners.
- Proven track record of implementing solutions for bioprocessing along with the ability to use modelling packages. With particular fluency in working with MS Excel
Candidates should be able to exhibit many of the following personal qualities
- redible and highly professional
- Strong analytical mind who is able to simplify and solve complex problems
- Ability to identify critical user needs and present solutions
- Good communicator both oral and written.
- Team worker with strong people interaction
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- A Competitive salary and benefit package
- Guidance on professional development and training
- Bonus: Competitive based on individual and company performance
- Pension: The Company will contribute 5% of basic salary
- Participation in the Company’s Group Income Protection Insurance
- Annual Leave – 23 days plus bank holidays
- Working Hours – 9.00-5.30